Foundation Strength™ will help young athletes gain an understanding of resistance training in a safe and effective gym environment to physically prepare the body for sport.
Lions Foundation Strength™ will offer a young athlete the following benefits:
- Movement efficiency
- Core stability
- Strength endurance
- Power/explosive development
- Speed, agility & quickness
Why do we use Strength & Conditioning Programmes?
- Increase bone density
Field performance ↑by:
Motor skill development
How do we implement a Strength & Conditioning Programme?
- Screening assessments
- Y-Balance test, vertical jump, hop & stick, isometric strength test. These scores are then gathered and evaluated to predict the likelihood of injury.
- Training development
- All exercises are technique orientated and training load is progressed gradually in a safe gym environment.
- Re-assessment on the last Foundation Strength™ session, the pre and post assessment results are compiled into a feedback form which is given out to the parent via email.
To book on the Foundation Strength™ course at:
St Mary's University click here
For a FREE taster session at St Mary's University please email firstname.lastname@example.org
The course is open from age 8-18 years. This is then split in to two groups of 8-12 years and 13-18 years.